Forgiveness

 One of the ways God speaks to me is through visions. And sometimes He gives me a poem that corresponds to what He's shown me in that vision. One day, I was feeling discouraged and frustrated with how easily I slip back into old sin patterns that hurt my Savior's heart. I was sure that God was looking at me with deep disappointment over the ways I had failed Him. It was at that moment, that God gave me this vision, revealing one of the most beautiful truths about Who He Is.

You lead me to a fountain of forgiveness that flows through the garden of prayer. Guiding me in with a tender eye, You gently pour the glistening liquid over my head and dress that is soiled with mud. I am ashamed of how I look before You. You touch my chin and ask me to look in Your eyes. I'm worried that I'll see disappointment when I look up, but as I lift my gaze I see only tears of love shining in the beautiful eyes of my Savior. No disappointment, not even a hint of anger. Just deep love and compassion. I'm not used to this, and I feel a burden of obligation lift from my shoulders falling into the water around me. I watch as it disappears beneath the stream never to be seen again. I look down at my dress and find that it is white once again, shining pure and clean. Jesus takes my hand and leads me out of the fountain onto a grassy field that is covered in wildflowers. We dance together as I fall deeper in love with this Beautiful One who has washed my guilt and sin away. He has restored me into the pure daughter He created me to be. What great love and infinite grace! I am undone. 

____________________

Forgiveness

I walk with heavy steps
I know I'm in the wrong
My soiled dress feels weighty
The road ahead seems long

Then Jesus takes my hand
I bow my head in shame
unworthy to stand before Him
I can't even speak His name

He gently leads me forward
Soon a clearing comes in sight
There's a fountain flowing deep
With water clear and bright

I take a step into the stream
He pours the liquid over me
He asks me then to look at Him
I tremble at what I may see

Slowly, I lift my gaze to His
beholding a mystery of grace
no trace of the disappointment
I thought would cloud His face

With tears inside His gentle eyes
He looks at me with Love
"My child, don't you understand
That's not what I'm made of?

I see your every failure
I know your every flaw
When you cry for forgiveness
Mercy triumphs over law

I'll always take you back
Because you are my own
And someday you will see
How deeply you are known

'Til then, rest in this truth
For when you lose your way
My Word is there to guide you
My Love is there to stay."

💙💦

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Touch Me Not

Surrender

The Meaning Behind the Name