Surrender
This is a poem that God gave me at the start of the new year 2022. The words came at a moment when I was feeling some fear about how unknown my plans were for that year. It was during that time of questioning that He gave me this poem with a promise that He would carry me through, come what may. As I read back over it now, I see how He has used both the desert and fruitful seasons of my life to draw my heart closer to His throughout the years. He truly is worthy of our surrender.
Surrender
A freedom found in letting go
A joy the world can never know.
From shards into a masterpiece
A heart of love that gently speaks.
I kneel before my Savior King
Place in His hands, my everything
A burden lifts up from my heart
A purpose deep, He then imparts
Why can't people understand?
Why don't they realize, they're part of His plan?
The brighter the fire, the deeper the trust
There's so much He's willing to give to us.
With tears, I lay beside His feet
He lifts me up and starts to speak
"My child, I know the way is tough
But it will be worth it, for I am enough.
Enough for every valley,
Enough for everyday
Enough for every moment
That you'll look back and say,
My joy is found in loving You
My love is found in knowing You
You're all that I will ever need
I choose to always let you lead."
For surrender brings true freedom
And I choose to trust His heart.
There's beauty in the brokenness
He's creating works of art.
🎨💗
ReplyForward |
True, deep, and beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI love it! 😀
ReplyDeleteThis has got to be my favorite so far, you really have a way with words!
ReplyDelete