The Love of a Lover

How often do we take the time to actually ponder the fact that we are loved by the Creator of the universe?! This spoken word was birthed one morning while I was gazing over the city of Kathmandu, Nepal. I asked God, "What is my purpose here?" And in that moment, He reminded me about the power of His love displayed in the Gospel. Slowly, words started to come to my head and I quickly transferred them into the journal in front of me. Within minutes, the entirety of this poem was completed and my heart was refreshed in the knowledge of my Savior's love. My prayer is what He shared with me that morning would rejuvenate your heart today.

The Love of a Lover

You love me. You truly love me. You could have anything Your heart could wish for, and You chose my heart. Your love for me is not passive, it's strong and fierce! You pursued me in the midst of the muck that surrounded me and the lies that threatened to drown me. I thought all I was worth was to be a servant and slave to sin, following blindly after the enemy. You saw me and you desired me, not because of anything I could do but simply because of who I am. You dreamed me up, You designed every part of my being, and after fashioning a beautiful masterpiece in the womb of creation, You released me to feel and see and hear and know on this earth. Before I was born, the darkness came to claim me, to steal my innocence and take away my peace. In a second I was gone from your embrace, stolen away under the cover of night, beguiled by a tempter who fed his lies to me till I chose to believe them as truth. Bribing me with empty promises of power he stole me away from my Lover and laughed in scorn of the pain that it brought You.
But Yours was a love that didn't depend on my own devotion, a passionate love that was willing to pursue me. You set aside the Glory that adorned You and entered into my world to reveal to me that deep love that wasn't willing to let me go. You came into the slave camp where I was serving under your betrayer and you demanded my release! I watch in stunned silence as You offer your life for mine. Your body to be torn and ravaged for the sake of my freedom. Tears fall wordlessly down my face as I witness the cost of what You are willing to pay for me to be your own again. Each whiplash that should have been mine, each brutal slap that was my due falling upon your face as you gaze upon mine with eyes of tender love. The darkness chortles as I groan in disbelief watching you fall to the ground, all life robbed from your spotless being. What a Love, what a cost!
Suddenly, light pierces through the darkness and a voice of power and authority commands Life to rise again! The enemy cowers in fear and retreats in despair. You come to me where I lay trembling on the cold ground and offer your hand. Looking into the depths of love in your eyes I make my final choice and place my sweaty palm in Your own. With a sweet sigh of triumph, You wrap Your arms around me and together we walk back Home. Home to intimacy and fellowship with the Trinity. This is the journey of life, though strewn with trials, tests, and pain. Every storm I face just proves to draw me deeper into trusting my sweet Lover. With Your hand in mine, I can face the fiery arrows from the enemy's domain and in your strength, I will prevail with a song of victory! For this love you have lavished upon me compels me to pour out my heart before you each day and become lost in the depths of Who You Are. 💕🌹💕


Comments

  1. God asks me to: pray, read His Word, and align myself with Him. For the most part it seems that He is doing all the work, but He is using me periodically to accomplish something He wants accomplished.

    By living in alignment with the Lord I experience overflow... "my cup runneth over", Psalm 23:5.

    I enjoyed reading this blog entry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow love this!
    You have such a talent for expressing yourself in such a beautiful way!
    Can't wait to read your next post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! Your kind words touch my heart. :)

      Delete
  3. What an absolutely amazing poem! It gives me a beautiful picture of His love. 💕

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Touch Me Not

Surrender

The Meaning Behind the Name