Trust

    This poem came to me while I was preparing to go to Nepal on a mission trip. We had just been told that several people on our team were now unable to go. Both of the girls in question are dear friends of mine and I was very disappointed. As I was digesting this startling news, words started to form in my head and I quickly wrote them down in the journal in front of me. God taught me a lot about trust in that season and I am grateful that He is always open to listening to my questions especially when I don't understand the way He's working.


Trust


Trust is such a beautiful thing 

I can't understand it sometimes 

Like a journey still to travel 

Or a poem yet to rhyme


I get so disappointed 

When expectations aren't met 

My heart longs to trust You 

My mind wants to forget 


Where are You in the valley

Dreams smashed against reality 

Are You there to hold my hand?

Do You truly understand?


I know You see each piece 

In this puzzle of my life

When I feel lost, You guide me 

Keep my mind safe from strife


There is no place I'd rather be 

Than right here with You 

With my gaze fixed on Your face 

I trust You'll lead me through


For I know You call me Warrior 

So I place my HOPE in You 

Believing truth will set me free 

Make my perspective new


Every fear must bow to praise 

Worship breaks the chains 

Purpose in every choice made 

Power will then remain


Soaking in Your Word 

Resting in Your plan 

My mind is now at peace 

For I know You understand.

πŸ’­πŸ’•πŸ“œ


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Touch Me Not

Surrender

The Meaning Behind the Name